corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » House size & number of rooms. 2 or 3 or 4 bedrooms

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author House size & number of rooms. 2 or 3 or 4 bedrooms
Matt H

User status: Offline
13th Feb 12 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know a lot of people are going to have faced similar situations so I thought it best to ask for some first hand experience

Ideally you want as much house for your money as you could possibly get but do you think that getting a decent sized 2 bedroom house is better than a 3 bedder with slightly smaller rooms? Money wise the two aren't far apart & if you can go a bit further you get a nicer version

On that subject... is it excessive for one person to buy a 4 bedder I'm talking from a point of bills for heating etc.

Examples of some of the ones I've been looking at:

3- http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-19347387.html

3- http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30558676.html

4- http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-35356007.html

[Edited on 29-05-2012 by Matt H]
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Feb 12 at 01:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd probably prioritise what's in the rooms rather than simply how many.

That probably goes against market wisdom though.
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Feb 12 at 01:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That 4 bed is cheating a bit though eh

Lounge must be fairly big though as there's no separate dining room? I miss that a bit, impossible to have people round for food for anything other than takeaway on the knee.

Bit strange being able to drive in to your garden though.
James

13th Feb 12 at 01:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd rather have bigger rooms than more rooms. But it depends on the difference in price and whether or not the difference in room sizes is significant or not.

I'd have to look at it on a case by case basis.
John

13th Feb 12 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Classing your dining room as a bedroom is a fairly recent thing, don't know how it started.

I've got 4 bedrooms and they're all accounted for with 2 of us, being a bit greedy though tbh.

My 4 bed has 2 bedrooms that are slightly smaller than the equivalent 3 bed, downstairs is bigger because the house has to be bigger in general so a good compromise.
RichR
Premium Member

13th Feb 12 at 09:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd rather have more rooms, even if they're slightly smaller. That way, its easier to sub-divide the house, my 3rd bedroom which would only really suit a child as its quite small, has become my office. That's space which is now not used downstairs or in one of the other rooms etc. I'd ideally like 4 bed though and set up 2 bedrooms, 1 office and 1 walk in wadrobe to get clutter out of the bedrooms
whitter45

13th Feb 12 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bigger rooms will sell more easily

no point n having an extra room if you cant really make into a bedroom due to size

also ensuite is a huge selling point for anyone who has a family

[Edited on 13-02-2012 by whitter45]
John

13th Feb 12 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forgot about that, I've got 2 toilets and the 3 bed only has 1.
Ben G

13th Feb 12 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i prefer having bigger rooms than more rooms but smaller in size.

we viewed a 3 bed detached with a downstairs toilet, upstairs family bathroom and an ensuite shower room in the master bedroom, it was perfect.

3 bed houses with 1 toilet make no sense.
Jimbothebarbarian

13th Feb 12 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always wish I'd bought as big as I possibly could when I first started out. With house prices being at (I think) a ten year low I'd be doing the same again if I could.

Remember though that you are asking sensible menfolk on here and most home buying decisions are made by dizzy women who don't give a fudge what size the rooms are. If it says four bedroom then it is end of. Hence tiny rooms that are no use for fuck all in most new builds today..
Matt H

13th Feb 12 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
That 4 bed is cheating a bit though eh

Lounge must be fairly big though as there's no separate dining room? I miss that a bit, impossible to have people round for food for anything other than takeaway on the knee.

Bit strange being able to drive in to your garden though.

Yeah room 3+4 are tiny but you've potentially got a decent 3 bedder if you wanted to knock a wall out. I'd also say the kitchen is big enough for a table but only a small round one

Lounge (Reception)
4.65m x 3.50m (15' 3" x 11' 6") Max

Dining Kitchen
3.58m x 4.51m (11' 9" x 14' 10") Max
M2RTY

18th Feb 12 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im buying a 4 bed but i would class it as a 2 bed with office and walk in wardrobe

But its 7k more than the same house minus the integrated garage, utility room, master bedroom and ensuite, so no brainer really even though theres only 2 of us going to be living in it

New Poll