corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 2.0T conversion on a (safe) budget?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2.0T conversion on a (safe) budget?
Monk87

User status: Offline
27th Feb 12 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, ive done plenty of work on motorbikes but when it comes to cars im a total newbee, but as i have access to the tool of the internet i think i would be able to learn safely enough to start and finish a conversion.
Im looking for a project to do over the next few years, if im doing one i want it to be good so the turbo engines is some thing i want to have a play with...i know it would be easier to use a N/A engine but like i said...im keen and have the internet to help me.
What i want to know is what is the cost of putting a c/z20let into a corsa c and every thing else needed to make it fully safe and working as a daily runner...
Whats the best base car to get and whats the best donor car or is it cheaper to buy the parts i need?
Ste
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Feb 12 at 04:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say between £1500 and £2000 if you get the stuff cheap and take your time buying it.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.

New Poll