corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Cheap phone day

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cheap phone day
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Apr 12 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello friends, at the moment I have a Nokia 7250 for my work phone whilst it has served me well over many years I need to replace it now as the sound is distorted whenever I am on a call, and signal seems to be an issue as well nowadays.

My other half had an old Nokia C1 something or other which I was going to use but for some reason I can hear the other person on the call from the BACK of the phone more than from the earpiece at the front of it (no I didn't have it on loudspeaker, I checked!).

Can anyone recommend me a cheap phone that I could go and buy from the shops today that has clear sound quality in calls, and doesn't lose signal? I am only wanting it for phone calls, that's it. Don't care about Internet/Facebook/email/whether it's touchscreen or not/whether it runs on Android or not etc.

Thanks
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

27th Apr 12 at 10:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I roll with a proper shit cheap phone since my last HTC died over a year ago, this looks like the updated version

http://shop.tescomobile.com/mobile-phones/pay-as-you-go/samsung/e1080i?deal=3409

It does the job, doesnt crash, have to delete textes sometimes ( ) but its great on battery. Take it with me on festivals and can last 4-5 days on the battery.
Whittie

27th Apr 12 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How cheap?

iPhone 3G - £50-100
Blackberry of some sort?

I just use some proper brick from tesco for about a tenner.
Dom

27th Apr 12 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Huawei G300 - £100 New
Nokia E71/E72 - £40-100 Secondhand
Sony Ericsson T or K series - Have a K610i (same as Willay, use it for festivals etc), last ages, is a shit phone though in terms of features (no bluetooth etc) but it's rock solid. The updated K700/710i (i think) is suppose to decent as a 'shit' phone.

All depends on your budget though.
pow
Premium Member

27th Apr 12 at 11:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheap Blackberry would do the trick would it not?
Adam_B

27th Apr 12 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We got a samsung one for a tenner recently from tesco to take to India, battery died as I walked out of Manchester airport 8 days later! Didn't use it much but it was switched on the whole time.

[Edited on 27-04-2012 by Adam_B]
Matty L

29th Apr 12 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a samsung galaxy Y, carnt go wrong for 80 quid and does alot
AlunJ

29th Apr 12 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They have some cheap arse Nokia things in my local tesco for £30, free sim card as well usually last forever on battery etc
richc

29th Apr 12 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blackberry curve.

I have one (aswell as a broken iphone). Never ever had an issue with signal, unlike the iphone. Limited internet access so you find your self only using it to call or text. With the iphone, i use to find myself pissing around all day on the net/apps
Cavey

29th Apr 12 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheapest Nokia for a tenner or so... solid as a rock, lasts a week on 1 charge, and has a torch on it

can't find the model number atm tho http://www.mobiles.co.uk/vodafone-nokia-1800-pay-as-you-go.html that's the fella

[Edited on 29-04-2012 by Cavey]

New Poll