corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa b audio advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa b audio advice
charlie loyns

User status: Offline
14th Jun 12 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi guy i need some advice on a audio install

this is what i have to put in:

jbl gto amp
spx 12'' sub
1 pair of pioneer 6x9s
1 pair of sony xplod 6x9s
a pair of fusion crossovers
a pair of fusion tweeters
wiring kit
speaker wire
considering another sub

don't know were to put everything for the best so any recommendations would be much appreciated

need advise what else i should get, i know i need some door speakers but not sure what will be good, don't have much to spend

i currently have a aftermarket cd player that came with the car, it seems quit good but unfortionatly its PINK but this isnt a worrrie because i will be getting a new one next month for my birthday

please share with me your opinions
l88fty
Premium Member

14th Jun 12 at 22:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Charlie,

If you had expenable money, I would tell you to chuck it all away and start again, but thats not very helpful so I'll try and come up with something more useful lol

Front Doors - 5" or 6" Components or Coxial Speakers

Rear Doors/Rear Quarters - 6" or 5"x7" Coxial Speakers

Rear Parcel Shelf - 6x9's - As much as I hate these type of speakers, now a days people arent really using 6x9's, if you have a decent set of components you dont need 6x9s.

Save the rear/boot of the car for Subs.

Depending on what Amps you have, your front door speakers really need to be run off an amp, the rear doors/qtr speakers can be run off the head unit and whatever subs you have will require an amp to power them.

What model GTO amp is it? Then I can advise further as to how you need to wire it and what else you'll need.

Oh and just incase your wondering if I know what I'm on about, this is my old Focus ST Rockford Fosgate sound car

LN Customs - Lincolnshires Award Winning Enthusiasts Motoring Club
Web:lncustoms.co.uk Email: Lofty (Club Manager) Tel: 07876220929
charlie loyns

16th Jun 12 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thankyou mate

i know what i have isn't very good but, its all i have for the time being, once i have sold my other car i will have money to spend on more equipment,

im not sure what model amp but I know its jbl gto 400w

[img][/img]

thats my amp, wired up to battery and headunit but theres no speakers or sub plugged into it

and im sure you do know what your talking about, infact i dont have a clue so anyone knows more than me lol

AWSOME car by the way

[Edited on 16-06-2012 by charlie loyns]
l88fty
Premium Member

17th Jun 12 at 07:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your amp is a GTO 2000 400w 2 Channel Amp, its not massively powerful and really is designed to run as a Mono amp to power just 1 sub.

Based on what you have at the moment, you have plenty of speakers, there not much point using the tweeters and crossovers, as you dont have the Woofers to go with a component set.

You need another amp really, keep the GTO 2000 for your sub, if you want to run another sub of it you can, but you will only be sending 200w to each sub, instead of bridging it and running one sub, mono at 400w.

Try and pick up another amp, something like a 1000w 4 channel, this will give you enough power to run the Sony 6x9's and the Pioneer 6x9's, each speaker requires 1 channel, this will give 250w to each speaker, normally 6x9's are rated upto about 350w.

This would be ok and will match your current amp - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JBL-GTO-4000-Amplifier-600-Watts-/180907408670?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2a1eebfd1e

You'll need to find something for your front doors, as 6x9's wont fit, you need either a 6" or 5" coxal speakers, depending on what size are fitted as standard behind the door card.

Let me know how you get on

LN Customs - Lincolnshires Award Winning Enthusiasts Motoring Club
Web:lncustoms.co.uk Email: Lofty (Club Manager) Tel: 07876220929
charlie loyns

18th Sep 12 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any ideas on a new audion install? thinking about making myself a boot build but dont want it to be ott and relativly easy to do

New Poll