corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 2.0 ltr 8v in corsa. few questions

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2.0 ltr 8v in corsa. few questions
rodgerq

User status: Offline
28th Apr 03 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok basically i kow how to do this conversion but need a few things cleared up.

1. shafts. with the nova you can use nova GTE shafts with cavy inner cvs and i know that the same method can be applied to the corsa, but what i need to know is what model of corsa shaft i need.

2. gearbox linkage. is it just a matter of taking it off at the box and reattaching it to the new box or is there and mods needing done first before it will fit?

cheers

rodgerq
rodgerq

28th Apr 03 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UP /\/\

Fad

28th Apr 03 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best ask on migweb.co.uk mate
rodgerq

29th Apr 03 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have already done so bud. noone seems to know. but i remember someone sayin onmig that they had done this but for the life of me i cannot find the post or remember who it was. thought someone on here would have a better idea

cheers

rodgerq
Ardencorsa

29th Apr 03 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didn't K100RSA have a 2.0 8v? Not sure.
Dave
kenny2many

29th Apr 03 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was it not the backshafts u needed to fit?

lol!
BeArDy

29th Apr 03 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1. shafts. with the nova you can use nova GTE shafts with cavy inner cvs and i know that the same method can be applied to the corsa, but what i need to know is what model of corsa shaft i need.
i dont think this is poss, what i had to do was get Astra shaft and hubs and have them made to fit (hubs to fit corsa wheel bareings etc)

2. gearbox linkage. is it just a matter of taking it off at the box and reattaching it to the new box or is there and mods needing done first before it will fit? yes same
rodgerq

30th Apr 03 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

beardy, i am sure it is possible with the shafts combo cause i remember seeing somone say on mig that had done it a few times. although i cannot remember who it was and when i posted up noone replied.

i have a set of astra GTE shafts sitting. if i tell the my mate to get astra hubs and have them machined down to fit in the corsa wheel bearing will this do the trick? i assume the corsa bearing is the same as the nova one.

adam, the reason he wants a 2.0ltr 8v is because of the price difference between the two engines mate. the 1.6 16v is pricey compared.

thanks

rodgerq

New Poll