corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.2 16v hesitation problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.2 16v hesitation problems
timmsy21

User status: Offline
15th Jul 12 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all

I took the car out for a run yesterday, first time i've had a chance since i got it and noticed that around 2k and 4k revs the car hesitates as if it runs out of go then once it gets past here its fine again.

Any one know where to look first?

As far as im aware the usual plugs, filters liquids were all changed on the last service a few months back. so shouldn't be this.
davegreen
Premium Member

15th Jul 12 at 16:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you be sure it was serviced? when i got mine i was told it had been done but it hadnt. after full service with gen parts and k&n panel filter derestricted air box, removed cleaned throtle body and breather pipes it ran so much better. better on fuel to. after all that i put the xev in her.
timmsy21

15th Jul 12 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep positive, got the car off my best mate who works at the vaux dealer, so know its been serviced. plus got the receipts etc
Also checked the filters and plugs the other day when i had the bonnet up to put amp cabling in.

Although it does feel air flow related, im thinking possibly AFM, EGR or one of the temp sensors possibly?
When funds permit i'll be dropping an XE in but that wont be done till over the winter

[Edited on 15-07-2012 by timmsy21]

[Edited on 15-07-2012 by timmsy21]
johnhara1

18th Jul 12 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will be the AFM.

Unplu it and see if the car is smoother, it will be flatter but no hestitation.
timmsy21

20th Jul 12 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers, will look into that tomorrow i think

New Poll