corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » cleaning tips

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cleaning tips
SkinnyMarshall

User status: Offline
12th Aug 12 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how and what is the best way to clean the engine bay , what to use ect
Root

12th Aug 12 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

baby wipes / pressure washer works well.

Try to avoid spraying washer on electrical bits or it may fail to start after until it's dried out.
Aidan-Fleming

12th Aug 12 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did mine last weekend and was pooping it lol ill tell you how i did mine. Basically i just put a tesco bag over the battery. Then sprayed Gunk Foam Degreeser and Autoclym engine cleaner on everything all over the engine and left for couple of minutes then used a small brush and rubbed the dirty bits then hosed it down. did this a few times. Dryed most things with a microfibre towel,then took some meguiars speed detailer and sprayed and wiped it off. so much clearner now
Aidan-Fleming

12th Aug 12 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also warmed up the engine first!!

Then half way through cleaning turned engine on to see if it still started
nibnob21
Premium Member

13th Aug 12 at 18:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got any before and after pics Aidan?

MX5 Project Thread
Root

13th Aug 12 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you don't have the expensive shit, try some baby wipes, worked a treat on my engine bay.

Obviously for the cam cover, you may need it polishing or done professionally.

But for the rest of the bay, pipes, battery, general shite, baby wipes work very well. I don't have any pictures but it worked excellent on the door/boot shuts and under the bonnet, engine bay etc. Wasted loads of wipes but it cleaned my car excellent. Boot shut had mould in before I attacked it with baby wipes..No idea why, I guess the car had been stood a while somewhere before I got it.

It's a good start anyway, as a pack of wipes are a quid in most places

For a proper clean, you need to get the engine out and consult somebody that is into detailing

[Edited on 13-08-2012 by Root]
SkinnyMarshall

13th Aug 12 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the feed back guys , i think i might just go for the babey wipes , im due to sit my test and i dont wanna gub the car before iv got to boot its little ass in lol

[Edited on 13-08-2012 by SkinnyMarshall]

New Poll