corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Itunes sync help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Itunes sync help
corsa-sxi

User status: Offline
3rd Sep 12 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right guys, I'm stuck, Here is the situation.

My iphone has been historically synced with computer 1. computer 1 died on me a few weeks ago, however I had a backup of all my music files (not in itunes format - I dont have a back up of my old media library).

I bought computer 2, which I have authorised and I have created a new library which almost looks identical to my old library, albeit some different songs on there etc.

My phone has used 4.3gb of storage on music and has about 0.7gb free.

My new library on computer 2 has about 4.2gb of music.

My understanding was that when I hit sync, it will replace all the 4.3gb worth of music which was synced on my old computer (computer 1) with the current library on my new computer (computer 2) however this doesn't happen.

I get an error message saying it cannot be synced as there is not enough free space to hold all the items in the itunes library. I need an additional 3.48GB

This suggests to me it's trying to add the current library onto the exisiting library which means i'll have doubles of everything.

Please help, I don't know what to do? someone suggested restore to factory settings > restore from back up > sync new library?

New Poll