corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » CAR MISFIRING? ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHT ON

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author CAR MISFIRING? ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHT ON
TerryRudhall

User status: Offline
   18th Oct 12 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

I have a 1.0 1997 corsa sting, it has been having some serious problems for the past 3-4 weeks. A while ago whenever i used to put my foot down the EMS light would come on when i got to 60 mph, but when off staright away if i eased my foot off the accelerator. But recently things have got bad, i'd be doing 40 mph and the EMS light would come on, and it would not accelerate, and it kept on doing it throughout driving range. I got a mechanic to plug in the fault code reader and it said it was the lambda sensor, which i replaced. Still not fixed so i replaced MAF sensor aswell. All was good untill about a week ago. Whenever i start the car from cold it idles erratically, and will not accelerate when i pull away, it even stalls itself sometimes. And it also feels like its holding itself back at times when i accelerate. Could this be the coil pack? I have also serviced it (fuel filter, oil filter, spark plugs etc.) nothing seems to work! HELP

New Poll