corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa gsi c20xe rear disc conversion??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa gsi c20xe rear disc conversion??
benpep

User status: Offline
3rd Nov 12 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

after speaking to a friend in the local ale house last night i have been slightly put off by by a rear disc conversion on my corsa. he runs a b-reg mk1 nova sr on 15'' wheels and finds that the back end has a tendency for twitching about abit under heavy corner breaking even more so than when it was on drums??
Kieran
Premium Member

3rd Nov 12 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine been fine. Never had that problem. I'm fitting a bias valve anyways, but still not had that issue
gary2097

9th Nov 12 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine the same as above heard loads of stories about rear end spinning out but everything has been fine I'm also going the bias route later but at the minute it's fine anyway. I had v6 fronts and now got wilwood midlites and all been spot on
benpep

9th Nov 12 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you notice a substantial difference running the v6 stoppers over the astra gsi ones??
davegreen
Premium Member

10th Nov 12 at 05:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines also fine, 288's up front and cav 260's rear. used flow restrictors from non abs corsa c 1.2 on the rears not load sensing valve. some early 1.0 and 1.2 8v had these restrictors at the back to.
gary2097

10th Nov 12 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i havent ran astra gsi ones but i wasnt a big fan of the v6 brakes to be honest i deffo recommend wilwood midllite 4 pots tho the pedal feel is loads better was never confident that the v6's were gonna stop me lol.
benpep

10th Nov 12 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whys that mate,break fade ?? im new to the conversion job,after having a slightly tuned 16v astra gte and standard nova sri's/gsi's and astra gsi's ect i find that my c20xe corsa gsi feels really unstable in high speed corners,either front end heavy or really arse end happy. its running gaz coil overs on astra gsi fan wheels. i cant seem to put any trust into it what so ever at speed which really lets the old girl down to be fair because in a straight line she really sorts the job out!
gary2097

11th Nov 12 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah not brake fade mate just loads of pedal movement before the brakes actually started slowing you down difficult to explain but the 4 pots are spot on. mines still got the original 1.4 sport engine in atm but have similar issues to you at higher speeds im putting it down to worn bushes at the front so changing them for powerflex ones shortly. that should sort it as the cars 1998 and been in the family from new and i know they have never been replaced.
davegreen
Premium Member

11th Nov 12 at 14:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

adjust the free play from the pedal to servo. it will help with pedal feel and travel.
nad123
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

12th Nov 12 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davegreen
adjust the free play from the pedal to servo. it will help with pedal feel and travel.

how do you do this mate?
davegreen
Premium Member

12th Nov 12 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres an adjuster on the clevis between the pedal and servo just wind it out until the free play is taken up.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th Nov 12 at 11:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why is he braking on corners?
benpep

13th Nov 12 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no not breaking in corners,on the run up to a corner at speed if he heavy breaks the back end seems skitty. he puts it down too the extra weight of the c20xe motor over the front and that little extra stopping power of the discs on the rear

New Poll