corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Hanging Out with some Ford Racing Legends

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hanging Out with some Ford Racing Legends
SVT2888

User status: Offline
6th Dec 12 at 02:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few months ago, I was invited by a friend to visit his garage. Unfortunately, I was busy with this and that. Car shows, car shows, it seemed I always had a packed schedule for my weekend and I just couldn’t make it to his garage.

Recently though, I managed to make some time to visit and hangout with some legends. I attended Cars & Coffee in the morning, then spent some time at a local exotic dealer before finally heading off to his garage.

When I arrived he was rather busy and had to take off with a client. He left his son and I with the keys to the place and instructions that we couldn’t drive the cars, but if I wanted to move the cars around to shoot them that would be alright.

So what cars were in the shop? Oh just a Lamborghini Miura, Ferrari 275 GTC, Ferrari 330GT, 3 Lotus Elite, 2 early 911′s, a Dino 246 GTS, Ferrari 275 MM, Ferrari 250GT LWB Berlinetta “TdF”, MG-A, Shelby 427 Cobra Competition, and a MK1 Ford GT40. Plus there are spares upon spares as well as old Indy cars and various other sorts of race cars in the rafters

But I was here to shoot two of the cars in particular; The Ford GT40 and the 427 Competition.

Time came to move the cars so I could take some shots of them. I get into the GT40…and….and…I realize that I can’t even drive it! My head sticks above the roof line. I get out and just push the car out with the help of his son. I have the chance to drive one of my all time favorite cars, the car that I spent dozens of hours watching race in old racing footage on Speedvision, and I can’t do it. Then I try the 427 Competition and my legs have nowhere to go. It is a very painful proposition to sit in. I had to also just give up and push that car around too. Talk about a major disappointment! Being tall, and being a car guy, has many downfalls.

However, even with that disappointment I still managed to get some great shots of two of my favorite machines!

I have to admit I am a bit jaded by frequently being surrounded by such great machinery thanks to all the events I attend. But this time, I was able to have some private time with the cars outside of the bustle of a car show. As I walked around the cars shooting with nobody else around, it hit me. I realized how lucky I am to be in the position that I was in. How few people will ever get to see either of these racing legends, much less seeing them together. I am very thankful for the opportunity I was given.

Oh and if any of you want to and have the means to live the dream, the GT40 will be going to auction in Scottsdale this January at the RM tent:http://www.rmauctions.com/FeatureCars.cfm?SaleCode=AZ13&CarID=r168

To view the full gallery go to: http://www.cncpics.com/Featured/FCS/Shaughnessy-Garage/26709144_HpSrSL

http://hooniverse.com/

Thanks,

-Leo
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

6th Dec 12 at 09:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

427 is my dream car, your a lucky man to even get chance to sit in it. Shame your too big for it! If you need a helper I'll happily fly out to move it for you!

Drooling over these for the next few hours I think!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Tomnova16
Premium Member

6th Dec 12 at 10:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wish they were mine

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
SVT2888

7th Dec 12 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
427 is my dream car, your a lucky man to even get chance to sit in it. Shame your too big for it! If you need a helper I'll happily fly out to move it for you!

Drooling over these for the next few hours I think!

What makes it even better is that it's a rare competition model
Tomnova16
Premium Member

7th Dec 12 at 13:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are just amazing cars and id
LOV 1

SVT2888

13th Dec 12 at 02:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here is a picture of me sitting in the GT40

Tomnova16
Premium Member

13th Dec 12 at 06:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like Jeremy clarkson chop your head off

Ben G

13th Dec 12 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd make myself fit
Gsi_Ire

13th Dec 12 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drive it with the door off
SVM 286

16th Dec 12 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I feel for you sir. I have the same problem. I simple cannot get in a lot of my favourite cars.
CORSA NUT

16th Dec 12 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow

He must be fucking minted

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Hanging Out with some Ford Racing Legends 23 database queries in 0.0116200 seconds