corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » cental locking problem!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cental locking problem!
regfo

User status: Offline
22nd Feb 13 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got locked out the car, luckily had passenger window open to get back in as i always leave it open whilst it's in the garage just in case.

not sure if this is the consequence of a flat battery? car had a very hard time starting, but with a little bit on the accelerator pedal it will start... the central locking was very temperamental and decided to work twice before it then failed again and does what it did in the video. as for people who don't know or never ventured behind the door cards, the bit i pressed inside the door is where the lock hits for the central locking (type of solenoid i think) anyway, when i press that you can hear a tiny click from the drivers door and boot, nothing from passenger door. if i use the key in the boot, you can hear the motor whirring but no unlocking.

i luckily had the door card off as i was changing my painted handles to the original plastic handles.

VIDEO:

also recently re full charged my cars battery and also tried a brand new battery in it and problem still persists. google only comes up with help if you have a FOB.

also tried using the two key method to reset the central by having the key set to ignition and another key to the unlocking position.

the car door is locked, but i have the door card off, and it'll be a big job trying to dismantle the inards with a closed door

[Edited on 22-02-2013 by regfo]
regfo

User status: Offline
23rd Feb 13 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so after some investigation and help from someone on AC i found the problem was the deadlock mechanism on the lock itself. if anybody has the same symptoms as me, I'd advise you to take a look at your lock and backing plate.

New Poll