corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Iphone turning off

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Iphone turning off
Christopher

User status: Offline
18th Sep 13 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure if this has been covered already so if it has someone link me!

Basically a few months back a friend of mine was having trouble with his iphone 4, when taking a picture it turned itself off! I laughed aboout it and that was it, however recently my iphone 5 has been turning itself off without being out of battery? Sometimes my phone will be on 27% or something like that and turn off and when i go to turn it on it says plug in my charger and when i do it comes straight back on and i still have 27% battery??

Now this may not be related but its only started doing it since i bought a chinese usb lead from egay as mine broke? Is this some sort of fake charge or something?

Thanks
Bart

18th Sep 13 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it back to the Apple store.
The phone does have a type of battery memory built in, which they can reset, but it sounds something more sincere than that.

Your phone is probably still within warranty, so Id make an appointment at the Genius bar.

They will ask you to go through the normal steps like restore, reset etc, and I would simply claim you've already gone through those steps.

[Edited on 18-09-2013 by Bart]
Christopher

18th Sep 13 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
Take it back to the Apple store.
The phone does have a type of battery memory built in, which they can reset, but it sounds something more sincere than that.

Your phone is probably still within warranty, so Id make an appointment at the Genius bar.

They will ask you to go through the normal steps like restore, reset etc, and I would simply claim you've already gone through those steps.

[Edited on 18-09-2013 by Bart]

Hmmm ok bart! Well il do a full back up etc and then when i have a bit of time il run in, just thought as someone else i know has experienced the same thing others might have found this issue too! :/

Thanks
Bart

18th Sep 13 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

btw, I don't think you can just 'run in' for the genius bar, you need to make an appointment.

I might be mistaken though.
Christopher

18th Sep 13 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
btw, I don't think you can just 'run in' for the genius bar, you need to make an appointment.

I might be mistaken though.

I didnt mean literally run in, but when i get a spare day il take a trip to my local apple store in the morning, book an appointment for my problem and hopefully be given an appointment time!

New Poll