corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Talk to me about my options (iPhone 3GS + Sims)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Talk to me about my options (iPhone 3GS + Sims)
Aaron

User status: Offline
1st Oct 13 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My work phone got upgraded to an iPhone 4s yo. We were given the option of buying our 3Gs phone for a tenner, which i did.

I dont have a personal phone, but i fancy using this 3Gs, seeing as it was pretty cheap.

Firstly, it's locked to Orange/EE
Secondly, i dont want to enter into a large and long contract
Thirdly, i dont want to be paying much...as i'm a tight northener.

Ideally, i want some sort of Sim free contract. The phone will probably be used for mostly facebook chat and e mail, and the odd text message here and there (very little actual phone calling)

Many of you lot seem to know the latest deals on the market for this sort of thing....so talk to me

Oh, and i've never jailbroken an iPhone in the past. Can i do this to "release" it from the contraints of it being stuck with Orange/EE?

Ta
Dom

User status: Offline
1st Oct 13 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a look at Ovivo (essentially free; thread on here about it) or GiffGaff for the sim - both PAYG-come-rolling-monthly-contract (there's no official signed contract).

As for the simlock - you might be able to unlock it for free via RedSn0w or similar; otherwise purchase an unlock code via eBay etc.

[Edited on 01-10-2013 by Dom]

New Poll