corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » chip/ke/transponder issue

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author chip/ke/transponder issue
Jed D

User status: Offline
20th Oct 13 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a car im busting up so i can use the shell... having an issue with the chip/key...

at some point in its life its had a replacement key (recipet) and it doesn't seem to want to pop open to give up the chip... i need to keep the key itself for the barrel but want the ecu, chip, and transponder to go together
any ideas?
pow
Premium Member

20th Oct 13 at 07:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get just a key cut, give the old key away.
XE Col
Premium Member

20th Oct 13 at 10:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has it definitely got a chip?
If you do the above I would cut the blade off the key you give to whoever buys the set just incase they decide to come back with a key for your car
Jed D

20th Oct 13 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by XE Col
Has it definitely got a chip?

it must be part of the key, its not the standard corsa b type of key. its been reprogrammed i think... you cant pop it open and the circle bit in the middle has 'SILCA Italy' on it... seems a stronger kind of plastic too
XE Col
Premium Member

20th Oct 13 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a key that's been cut by timpsons or the sort
Jed D

21st Oct 13 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mite just do as Pow said, get myself another key cut, chop the key bit off this one and give the buyer of the transponder and ecu the handle bit...
XE Col
Premium Member

21st Oct 13 at 17:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what I'd do

New Poll