corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Chip tuning x14xe from Greece? Any tried it?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Chip tuning x14xe from Greece? Any tried it?
TheDane

User status: Offline
7th Nov 13 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys,

I have now got my x14xe fitted with Lexmaul inlet, drilled airbox, and stainless remus from cat and back. Going for a 4-2-1 stainless manifold later on, probably a Friedrich. But I can not feel any change in BHP, so was thinking about a chipping. It's gonna put me back around £300 from a tuner over here. But I found this on eBay: This Chip Have anybody tried it? Would it be okay to fit it? Would I be a foul to think it would be any good?

Cheers

Soren S - The Dane
corsadonk
Premium Member

7th Nov 13 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They might be ok, I don't know anyone who has used one before. I think some guy in Germany was doing them before, at least they are a bit closer.

It might be better if you use a Mantzel inlet, and I had a Sportex 4-1 on my old Sport, went really well. Do you have a TUV type test, that would stop you using other aftermarket parts like the ones listed on U.K Ebay?
TheDane

9th Nov 13 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had been thinking about the Mantzel inlet, or the Dbilas, and I also did buy one of the copies of the Mantzel off here. But in the end I sold it off, as it was too much a hassle to fit it for me. That's why I ended up buying the Lexmaul.

Yeah for our MOT we do need a TüV approval when modifying from stock. Also one of the reasons I sold off the mantzel copy.

What kind of aftermarket parts are you thinking about from eBay UK in particular?
corsadonk
Premium Member

10th Nov 13 at 10:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just the Mantzel copy, but like you've said they aren't TUV.

I'm not sure if Sportex exhaust manifolds have TUV either.

New Poll