corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Solar phone chargers or similar?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Solar phone chargers or similar?
fred7

User status: Offline
25th Mar 14 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to spa for the F1 this year and we are camping so no electric. Can anyone recommend a charger for my iphone 5?
gazza808

25th Mar 14 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use one of these,

Only pic I have,

It's like a battery pack, that you charge back up, with mains/incar/built in solar.

Get a good couple of charges from it from full,

Only pic I hve of it
fred7

25th Mar 14 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great thanks. Is it the solar charger into a built in battery then? Looks good but is it worth the £55? Is that in maplins?
Nismo

25th Mar 14 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not the cheapest but

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/biolite-campstove-a01ln

[Edited on 25-03-2014 by Nismo]
gazza808

26th Mar 14 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's on a ferry so probably overpriced,

Yes it's a battery with a solar charger on it basically.

It was pricey, but I do alot of travelling with work etc so it helps out keeping my tablet/phone etc going.
Dom

26th Mar 14 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a look at Anker's (10,000mAh+) battery packs - around the £25-35 mark and one of those will happily keep your iPhone fully charged for 3/4 days.
Only minor inconvenience is that Anker don't include a mains USB charger with the pack but as long as you have a 2A+ charger around (if not, a decent brand is only a few quid; alternatively can use car chargers) then you're set.
fred7

26th Mar 14 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0063AAIRG?pc_redir=1395724377&robot_redir=1 this looks good thanks dom. Would do for the weekend i think (thursday to sunday) off a full charge. Found that monkey 1 for £37 so both around the same sort of price
ed

3rd Apr 14 at 07:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Have a look at Anker's (10,000mAh+) battery packs - around the £25-35 mark and one of those will happily keep your iPhone fully charged for 3/4 days.
Only minor inconvenience is that Anker don't include a mains USB charger with the pack but as long as you have a 2A+ charger around (if not, a decent brand is only a few quid; alternatively can use car chargers) then you're set.

They're on offer on Amazon at the moment (apparently) - I just bought one of these which seems pretty good:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-External-Built-In-Flashlight-smartphones/dp/B005NFOA0S/ref=sr_1_9?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1396510111&sr=1-9&keywords=Anker
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 08:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fred I reccomend this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/RAVPower-10400mAh-External-Charging-Sensation/dp/B009V5X1CE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1396512043&sr=8-3&keywords=RAVpower

I took it to Glastonbury last year and it charged my Nexus 4 every night, no one could understand how i had full battery for the whole week.

I also used the same item again on a 2 week trip on Thailand, only had to use it twice to charge my phone on the trains etc but really did a good job. I even charged a couple of randoms phones to get them out of trouble.
fred7

4th Apr 14 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks ed and willay. Willay that seems ok a big capacity so will try it out. Going to egypt end of this month so can give it a test run

New Poll