corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Watchdogs

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Watchdogs
A1EX

User status: Offline
26th May 14 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone getting this?
Balling
Premium Member

26th May 14 at 14:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't think so. If I wanted to play games in sub-1080p with extreme pop-in issues I would have kept my PS3 (or bought an Xbone).

Pending fantastic reviews, I might get it once it drops in price or is available second hand.

fiestakidda

26th May 14 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tempted to buy it but it's got disappointing reviews. Consider at E3 it looked the dogs bollocks and now it's been released looks nothing like it is a total let down.

To say it was going to a release title for next gen and was pushed back this really should be the game which everyone says wow this next gen stuff is for real.

This totally disappoints, if I was too buy it then it would be just to fill time before better games come out
Bart

26th May 14 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been playing on the PC for the last 48hrs.
Never really been into single player games but it's ok actually.
Available in all the shops
Balling
Premium Member

26th May 14 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fiestakidda
Tempted to buy it but it's got disappointing reviews. Consider at E3 it looked the dogs bollocks and now it's been released looks nothing like it is a total let down.

To say it was going to a release title for next gen and was pushed back this really should be the game which everyone says wow this next gen stuff is for real.

This totally disappoints, if I was too buy it then it would be just to fill time before better games come out
No reviews released yet? Not on the sites I've checked, anyway.

Completely agree though. Game looked spectacular at E3 and in the first PS4 trailers.
Now it's completely bland and runs 900p@30fps.

Brett
Premium Member

26th May 14 at 18:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The PC version that popped up on the torrent sites early installed a bitcoin miner onto unsuspecting pirates machines so I believe
Balling
Premium Member

26th May 14 at 20:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

God I hope that's true.

cunningham

26th May 14 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup should get it tomorrow cant play it till Thursday as im nightshift got it for £40.50
Balling
Premium Member

27th May 14 at 07:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting pretty good reviews.

morpheus22

27th May 14 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just had a quick play on it ......don't expect anything better than gta5 graphics wise driving around gameplay is pretty decent though
Steve
Premium Member

27th May 14 at 08:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The problem with most these games is they are developed on the lesser consoles.

Can't wait for some dedicted new gen games to be made
A1EX

27th May 14 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
The problem with most these games is they are developed on the lesser consoles.

Can't wait for some dedicted new gen games to be made

Batman: Arkham Knight

Got a pre order waiting for Watchdogs but still unsure after some people say its great, some saying its crap
Balling
Premium Member

27th May 14 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A1EX
What's the deal with this not being released on last gen? It's developed on the ancient UE3 engine and based, I assumed, on the previous Arkham games.

Either way, from the people that brought os Arkham Origins, a game that the developer flat out admitted has game breaking bugs they'll not be fixing, I don't have high hopes.

Sledgehammer also stated that COD:AW is being developed for current gen and will then be downscaled for last gen, so the tides have already started to turn.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if it's still a couple of years until we see inFamous and Killzone level graphics on cross platform (not to mention cross generation) games.

Y869 SRA

27th May 14 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might get it, waiting for reviews.
A1EX

27th May 14 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
Originally posted by A1EX
What's the deal with this not being released on last gen? It's developed on the ancient UE3 engine and based, I assumed, on the previous Arkham games.

Either way, from the people that brought os Arkham Origins, a game that the developer flat out admitted has game breaking bugs they'll not be fixing, I don't have high hopes.

Sledgehammer also stated that COD:AW is being developed for current gen and will then be downscaled for last gen, so the tides have already started to turn.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if it's still a couple of years until we see inFamous and Killzone level graphics on cross platform (not to mention cross generation) games.

Arkham Origins was developed by Warner Bros Montreal studios, whereas the other two Arkham games were Rocksteady which Arkham Knight will be, also it's only been in development for latest gen machines so there will be no hold backs on cross platform performance etc...
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

28th May 14 at 07:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IS this any good or not then guys? the gameplay looks fun but the graphics look like I made them.
Balling
Premium Member

28th May 14 at 08:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From reading quite a few reviews, the verdict seems pretty clear.

It's a decent open world game that doesn't do too much new. Mostly the game relies on the same old mechanics and plays like a GTA clone with a mix of Assassins Creed.

The hacking mechanics are basically just a one-button push to interact with whatever your aiming at.

On the old consoles it looks like you'd expect. On the new consoles it looks underwhelming.

Balling
Premium Member

28th May 14 at 09:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome reflections!

http://i.imgur.com/T3leCeT.jpg

A1EX

28th May 14 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Played for a couple of hours, gameplay mechanics are good, shooting and stealth etc are very smooth, gives you the option of going in guns blazing, stealth take-downs or using the hacking tools and not even entering the areas which is quite fun and rewarding. The driving is a bit off if you are used to GTA, but not entirely bad once you get the hang of it. The graphics of course are not upto scratch for next/current gen but they're not terrible unless you're really picky and looking for glitches etc. Theres a lot to do around the city and it feels well populated. Ubisofts way of opening areas up by hacking towers same as Far Cry and Assassins Creed, but theres not loads of them so it doesnt drag. The story so far seems intriguing and apparently gets quite good later on in the game so will see about that. Overall if you compare it to GTA V for everything it comes up lacking, but as a different open-world game on its own its quite fun and a little bit different with all the hacking mechanics, seems like it wasn't only held back by the cross generation development but also time, even with the delays it had i think another 6 months or more development it could of been very good.
Balling
Premium Member

29th May 14 at 11:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been playing a few hours and mostly agree with the above.

Visuals aren't terrible, they just not exciting at all.

Driving physics are all over the place and a lot of cars don't drive like you'd expect. There's a small Elise-ish car that has absolutely zero grip, to the point where it's useless.

Core gameplay is your good old third person, cover based shooter. Nothing new here.

The hacking is alright, but basically boils down to using security cameras to tag enemies.
You can interact with your surroundings, but in combat it boils down to two types of hackable elements: attract and explode.

The former are objects that make a sound or movement to grab attention of enemies, the latter is self explanatory.

Mostly it's pretty entertaining, but everything is very forgettable.

Side activities are pretty bland.

6/10 (based on act 1) - It's solid but very far from ground breaking.

Balling
Premium Member

7th Jun 14 at 13:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bumping the score to 7/10.

It's definitely not a masterpiece, but it does offer some good fun.

The seamless multiplayer where a random player can access your single player game and try to hack you offers some awesome moments.

It's still glitch city, but so far I haven't encountered anything game breaking, except for a few cases of having to restart missions due to target killing himself or being clipped inside walls.

Whittie

7th Jun 14 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought this last sunday, not touched it since. Didn't know wtf was going on
Balling
Premium Member

7th Jun 14 at 14:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drive, shoot, hack - what's not to get?

Speaking of glitches, this happened as I tried to enter the L train to get away from the cops.
http://youtu.be/eJSx0HVkAsk

And here I did everything perfectly and failed due to the target killing himself before I even reached him...
http://youtu.be/IGBqfHwrs9k

will_ainsworth

10th Jun 14 at 03:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

playing this on my new comp, really enjoying it. would agree with all above however its graphics are quite impressive at times on the pc. i do have all the settings on ultra though. I would almost say im enjoying it as much as gta, could even be enjoying it a little bit more... guess its just like gta with an added element with the hacking...
Doug

10th Jun 14 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will pick a copy up for 360 when it comes down a bit in price or I can get a pre-owned copy. I have a 3 week window with no internet coming up in the new house so will need some entertainment

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll