corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Need help(couple of Q's)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Need help(couple of Q's)
Lazarus1

User status: Offline
25th May 03 at 02:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK,theres a car show in my town in about a week.It's gonna be two days,first day styling,next day drugsters race(402m).
1.I'm planning to participate in the styling show with my 5 door corsa and my friend is borrowing his 16's TSW Apex wheels(et40)(195/45/r16) to me just for the show.But thing is i'll have to put the wheels two days before the show.My car is lowered -35mm and the rear arch is at the same height as the tyre(185/60/r14)on my original 3 spoke alloys.Question is am i going to be able to drive the car?Do you think there will be some rubbing at the wheels?
2.My friend drives a Honda Civic 1.4is and hes participating in the race.Its a standard honda so he is planning of dissconecting the Servo control for the steering wheel to get some extra Bhp.Is this wise?Can it cause any problems?
Any help appriciated.Thanks.
Icy

25th May 03 at 02:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1, yes u wil get some rubbin
do u have bump stops on at all?
Lazarus1

25th May 03 at 02:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm...sorry for being ignorant,but what are bump stops?something to do with that..how do you call it...top mounts?Wich goes on top of the spring and damper?If it's that then no.
Lazarus1

25th May 03 at 02:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh,yeah and it's not a problem if i get rubbing,i'm worried about damaging the arch?it won't crack or something right?
Icy

25th May 03 at 03:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh those are bumpstops
and no wont crack
but wil leave marks tho

New Poll