corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » URENT HELP NEEDED CORSA 2.0 16v??????NO SPARK???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author URENT HELP NEEDED CORSA 2.0 16v??????NO SPARK???
quiksilver106

User status: Offline
   16th Aug 03 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i need desperate help with the wiring of my corsa 2.0 16v.

from the cavalier loom i have:

Thick Blue/Red on its own plug.

Brown Plug:
Brown/Blue
Brown/White
Brown/Yellow
Green

Black Plug:
Red/White
Black/Brown
Black/Red
Blue/Red
Blue

THEN ONTO THE CORSA LOOM:

i have:

Thick Red , Permenant 12v feed
Black, ignition 12v feed
Blue/Red
Blue
Green
Brown/yellow
Brown/blue
Brown/white
Thick Blue/Red

i have matched all the colours up and am left with :

Cavvy:
Red/White
Black/Brown
Black/Red

Corsa:
Thick Red
Black

the blue/red i have tried connecting and not connecting. but no change

i am not getting a spark at all.

i connected the green off the coil to the neg battery and the oil light stayed on and then connected this to the black wire of the corsa loom in the car and the oil light now comes on with ignition so i presume this is correct.

NO SPARK< URGENTLY NEED HELP, ANY SUGGESTIONS.

i have tried a new coil and module so it isnt the coil i dont think, got something to do with wiring i reckon.

PLEASE, PLEASE HELP

Rob

i have posted on here and migweb cos need this sorting ASAP.

[Edited on 16-08-2003 by quiksilver106]
quiksilver106

16th Aug 03 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the engine is out of a cav gsi so it should have the single black wire under the distributor which is for ignition, where does this connect to????
Dan_Corsa

16th Aug 03 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its a single black wire,then i'd guess it needs connecting to a 12v live from the corsa loom,if you ain't getting a spark make sure ur coil is bolted down and isn't touching the engine,cos this can cause the engine to go live,also check the ecu of the cav hasn't got any un connected wires poking out of the top due to a after market immobiliser being tapped in top pin 1(coil),make sure all your earth straps are on, from gear box to body,i from alternator to rear of the block,and theres anouther 1 lurking round the injecter rail i think,also connect up the brown/blue wire if u haven't this should give u your ecu light on the dash if it doesn't then u haven't got live to the ecu hence no spark

New Poll