corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Changing Dash Bulbs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Changing Dash Bulbs
leafgreencorsa

User status: Offline
15th Oct 03 at 06:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of the bulbs behind the multi-function display on my Corsa C has blown (car's only 5 months old!). Typically, as it's a failed bulb, it won't be covered under warranty but I know it's the labour cost that will be the problem. I couldn't remove the vents when they went on my old B and the dealer charged £40 for the job!! (also ended up having to replace one vent and the fan/heated window switch which they broke doing the job!).

Please, please, please can someone explain to me how you lever out the vents to get access to the screws behind so that I don't break anything or damage the surrounding trim (it's an SXi with the silver-painted plastic vent surround). It looks like it would be easier if the hazard warning switch was removed but no doubt this can only be done once the vents are removed.

Hope you can shed some light.
Melville

15th Oct 03 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The vents are a piece of piss compared to the corsa b mate. Start with the one on the right.....push the vent as far back as it will go so it pointing to the roof then with your right hand get your fingers slighty under the bottom of and push to the right and lever out slightly with your finger. Same goes for the one on the left. The other 2 vents can be a pain in the arse however, I tried all sorts but eventually found that if you insert a small pair of flat nose pliers down the flat side of the vent and prize open gently.

Hope this helps mate
leafgreencorsa

16th Oct 03 at 06:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for your help Melville. The vents popped out a treat. Job done in less than 10 minutes. Pity it wasn't that easy on my old Corsa.

Cheers

New Poll