corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » when fitting full new suspension kits.......

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author when fitting full new suspension kits.......
Geeza10328

User status: Offline
31st Oct 03 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do u have to use spring compressors? I know if u want to change the springs u do....but I'm gonna be buyin a new kit very soon springs and shocks and I just wondered if I need to buy some or not? Its not a coilover kit btw.

[Edited on 31-10-2003 by Geeza10328]
Ty_Harris

31st Oct 03 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was gunna say unless it's colivers.. but yeah as far as i know u do need em
TOMAS

31st Oct 03 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No you dont have to use spring compressors, you can undo the top nut with the car on the flat, Its weight will compress the spring. Then slowley jack the car up and it will allow the suspension leg to drop out the top mount. Once jacked enough just swap the springs, fully extend the dampers and slowley bit by bit lower the car back down and ensure the damper spindle is inline with the topmount hole and ensure that the threaded section pokes through the top enough for you to screw the nut back on.

Alternatively just buy some £25 compressors and saves the messing about.

New Poll