corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » another arch question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author another arch question
russb

User status: Offline
21st Nov 04 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi, i have found out my 17" wheels are et38 i havnt got it lowered yet, but 1 side rubs when i go over speed bumps, the left side, im hoping to get it lowred 60mm, the arch work im considering doing to acheive this is gring the metal away upto the bolt holes, then hammer it out a bit, then cut the lip off the plastic arch, is there anything else i can do?

cheers

Russ
Colour-Tec Coachworks

21st Nov 04 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Remove the arch bolts all together and bond the arch back on with an adheisive
ed

21st Nov 04 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll need to chop material out of the arch too for that drop at that offset. Best thing is to get the car up on axle stands and remove the springs, then raise the subframe with a jack and see where it's catching, then remove metal or knock it out of the way with a ball nosed hammer. Don't forget to paint some underseal into the arches to stop them from rusting.
russb

21st Nov 04 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers...think i should drop it 40/45mm instead of 60? will it make much difference?
Korsa

21st Nov 04 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea.. 20mm or 15mm......
ed

21st Nov 04 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeeahhhrrr.... Kinda. They will scrub but not as much, you will have to go over bumps faster to get them to scrub. You want to have as much suspension travel without scrubbing though to preven tyre wear. You have got a bit of a gay offset to work with though, will take a fair bit of work with any drop I think... Start by removing the three bolts at the top of the arch and hammering the lip back a bit, you will also need to get a barrel sander or similar to remove plastic from the arch so that don't rub...
russb

21st Nov 04 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will be done this weekend
russb

24th Nov 04 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite having a look at some older posts, and can see that i can get my wheels 'skimmed' or 'machined' to reduce the offset, the only place i have seen that do these are http://www.wheelrefurbishing.co.uk/ just wandering if anyone knows of any others thoughout england and wales!
AdiSRI

25th Nov 04 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

machining isnt good, can weaken the wheel u only wanna do 2-3 mm at most depending on the wheel...

its just gonna take a lot of work, i have had my archs cut up to the welds and plastic trim bonded on.
I also had the entire metalwork bent out to the point where all the paint on my front wings and rear quarters cracked off so the wings were all resprayed...

fun thing is it still catchs on one side, and mine are 7 x 17 ET45 so have fun m8!!

New Poll