corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » gearbox or clutch????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author gearbox or clutch????
p.whitehouse

User status: Offline
15th Mar 05 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

driving along today no previous problems came 2 a island went to drop it down t0 second gear then next thing no gears at all tryed putting it in gear to drive to get me home but in gear its starting up but not moving been told its gearbox and also been told clutch any body on eya have any ideas witch one has gone thanx
1.6 Sport BadBoy

15th Mar 05 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im having the same problem bud. rite, try starting the car up in neutral and then press the clutch peddle in. if you heard a swerling metalic noise, its more than likely the trust bearing on the clutch. its really peein me off coz to get reverse, i've gotta turn the engine off, select the gear and turn it back on again. annoying

hope this may help
p.whitehouse

15th Mar 05 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanx mate i will try that in morning to pist off to try tonight
1.6 Sport BadBoy

16th Mar 05 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just been to garrage today about it mate, they seem to think my clutch cable needs adjusting and been advised that it could be the gear selecter.
didnt get anyprices coz vauxhall were too busy
p.whitehouse

16th Mar 05 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanx for your help mate took to garage this morning clutch totally trashed booked in for friday morning for new one thanx again

New Poll