corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » need to beat insurance companys. anyone know how to do this

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author need to beat insurance companys. anyone know how to do this
corsapower

User status: Offline
9th May 05 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been driving for 2 years and paid £1500 a year on my car to insure it ive got 2 yrs no claims and no convictions or points. now when i try to get a quote on a 2.0 16v calibra there just saying no to that car ive tried to get my dad to insure it as any driver and they just say no one under 21 and ive just turned 19. does anyone know how to beat the insurance companys my mate has done it somehow but they just wont for me.
any help would be great
cheers
danny-corsa

9th May 05 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u could either try CIS in your dads name as any driver cos im 18 with a GSi in my mums name and that costs £1200.

or

you could get urself a cheap car with cheap insurance, insure it fully comp, get ur dad to insure the calibra in his own name and then u can drive any car with insurance cos u r fully comp.
my mate does this with his fester RS turbo
Jambo

9th May 05 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also you may ask your dad to add a female driver to the policy, when i was looking at getting a P1 i added my mum and got a £900 reduction
L33 LEG
Banned

9th May 05 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or just change insurance companies.
Greasemonkey

9th May 05 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Insurance company's are not stupid, if you try and beat the system then the system will bite you back
Graeme
Premium Member

9th May 05 at 14:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by danny-corsa
you could get urself a cheap car with cheap insurance, insure it fully comp, get ur dad to insure the calibra in his own name and then u can drive any car with insurance cos u r fully comp.

most insurance companies wont insure u on other cars untill u are 25!
corsapower

9th May 05 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok thanks, ive tried everything i could think of to do it but it wasnt worksng.
cheers for the help
Poot

10th May 05 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
my mate does this with his fester RS turbo

Wouldnt he need to be a named driver to drive his dads car?
Haimsey
Premium Member

10th May 05 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you could always beat em with a stick

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Joff

10th May 05 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With all these little tricks to get a few quid knocked off the premium, you might as well just drive without insurance as you'll probably find that in the event of a claim, your policy is invalid once your insurers investigate your details on the policy.
SeanyMac

10th May 05 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work for a insurance company... And to be honest there is no problem with insurin you if you have the no claims bonus!! You just need to change insurers cuz some have strict polices on ages and cars.. Liverpool victoria wont even insure you on a Saxo VTR until you're 21!!! Its daft

New Poll