corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Zorst banging, plz help!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Zorst banging, plz help!
Gripe

User status: Offline
   20th Oct 05 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My exhaust is banging like fook just behind the b/b. Today its started gringding with ANY weight in the back. Ive checked all the mountings and there all present and correct. (none have come of) Thing is, the garage said its fine coz its brand new Its only grinding when I set off, after that it just bangs on the rear axcel.

I`ve put a pic of were its banging, its REALLY poor quality, buts its the only 1 I have to hand.

Any suggestions on what to try would be

[Edited on 20-10-2005 by Gripe]
mintgreencorsa

20th Oct 05 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine does it aswell its cauz its lowared on 15s so makes zorst close 2 beam
Gripe

20th Oct 05 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I havnt lowered mine yet because of this, buts only just started doing it. Like I said, its a new zorst (about 5 weeks old)
shane2corsa

20th Oct 05 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

grab some new rubber mounts first then have a go at the garage to get them fitted and the thing re-aligned/ajusted, good luck
johns purple beast

20th Oct 05 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine used to do this was a pain in the arse
Kyle T
Premium Member

20th Oct 05 at 16:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had mine banging on one of mounts a while ago, so I shortend the mount and now its banging on the rear bumper!

Its a standard backbox and hasnt been lowered - the problem is that the whole system keeps sliding towards the back of the car somehow.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
ShEp

20th Oct 05 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
I had mine banging on one of mounts a while ago, so I shortend the mount and now its banging on the rear bumper!

Its a standard backbox and hasnt been lowered - the problem is that the whole system keeps sliding towards the back of the car somehow.

mine used to do that too, the reason is a badly fitted exhaust system, even if it is standard, when a new centre section is required, the exhaust on a corsa'b has to be cut and a sleeved joining piece has to be put in as both pipe diameter's are the same size, whoever fitted your exhaust used a joining piece thats too small in diameter
Kyle T
Premium Member

20th Oct 05 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ShEp
quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T

mine used to do that too, the reason is a badly fitted exhaust system, even if it is standard, when a new centre section is required, the exhaust on a corsa'b has to be cut and a sleeved joining piece has to be put in as both pipe diameter's are the same size, whoever fitted your exhaust used a joining piece thats too small in diameter

well fuck me sideways

Before my MOT I found my cat was shagged, so I got one from a scrappy and had a dodgy uncle fit it. Twas a rite bodgejob so I sent it to motosave and told them to sort it. After motosave finished, my manifold was blowing like a bastard, so I sent it to another respected garagge who cured the blowing, but obvioisly used the wrong connecter as you said.

kin car

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
morgan100

20th Oct 05 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my car had this problem when i lowered it 60mm. just had Wallace performance put an extra bend in the pipe whn the fitted my new pipe.

New Poll