corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Car won't start in Freezing conditions.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car won't start in Freezing conditions.
Tiesto

User status: Offline
   29th Nov 05 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know this is a corsa forum but maybe someone might know why my Peugeot 106 wont turn start.

There were freezing conditions last night along with the snow which the car was covered in and when i go to start the car it wont turn the starter motor at all.
I turn it so all the lights come on and you normally hear a whirring sound and the petrol gauge goes up, however the whirring sound sounded like it was struggling and the petrol gauge didnt move and when i turn the ignition it just cuts out completely including the battery.

Im not sure what i could be, is it a case of waiting until the car completely defrosts and try again? or is there something more wrong with it?

Any help is appreciated.
Teddy

29th Nov 05 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuse.
AuroraSport

29th Nov 05 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could be the battery as well, ive had mine die completely on me that would mean nothing would work
VegasPhil
Premium Member

29th Nov 05 at 13:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cold weather can kill a battery.

Try turning your lights on and starting it. If the lights go dim the Battery's had it

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
corsaggh

29th Nov 05 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check for loose conections at your battery terminals and take your car to you local garage/shop and have them test your battery.

New Poll