corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » metal flakes

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author metal flakes
corsa_griff

User status: Offline
6th Mar 06 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what do people think of these and would you put them on top of alden blue paint. think that it would look cool with sum silver

has anyone done this

[Edited on 06-03-2006 by corsa_griff]
johnny27

6th Mar 06 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Using metal flakes is suprisingly more expensive to do properly than just normal painting. The flakes themselves are cheap as chips, once the first few coats of lacquer are applied with the flakes, it takes a good more 6 or more coats of clear lacquer to do the job properly, and flattened after every coat of two. This is because the flakes are quite big, so the surface is very textured after them, and when something is textured or has orange peel surface the paint is very dull and matt, no matter how you polish of lacquer. If your getting it done, just make sure you get some1 to do it properly. Most of the cost is in the lacquer (btw i advice to use glasurit its the very best on the market, dose'nt even change after flatting or polishing) and the extra labour involved in drying time between coats and then blocking down after each coat or so. To be honest i could'nt stress enough to use glasurit its without doubt the best on the market altought its quite expensive ,as any other 2k lacquer will not have the same top quality shine when it has been rubbed down and cut back as much as used in metal flakes. Hope this helps, ask around for sum1 that knows the craic with metal flake painting to take on your work.
corsa_griff

6th Mar 06 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for this onfo mate
CoastalCorsa

6th Mar 06 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a litre of metal flake paint for sale

£100 i bought it for

make me an offer and i recon its yours

New Poll