corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Power Sttering - Hydraulic or Belt

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Power Sttering - Hydraulic or Belt
ed_jones

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 07 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry if this sounds abit dumb but im not able to look at my corsa as its garaged away at the moment. Im fitting a XE to my corsa and want to know if it will need the power steering bracket or not.

My car has power steering but the chap at LMF said that only corsas with Hydraulic power steering will need the bracket, compared to a belt driven which will not.

my car is a R Reg 1.4 16v sport 1997.

Im pretty sure but just want to be certain that mine had hydraulic p.a.s so i can order this with the kit.
RobHayes

23rd Mar 07 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the hydraulic power steering is belt driven, which the sport's have. so yes you'd need the bracket
ed_jones

23rd Mar 07 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right, duno what that guy is on about then. ta

New Poll