corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » eBay dispute. Advise please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author eBay dispute. Advise please
Aaron

User status: Offline
24th Mar 07 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sold a modded PS2 on eBay last week. I clearly stated in the auction that a swap disk was included along with 15 genuine games.

The guy got it this morning and asked about the swap disk and how it works, I said he needs to buy a special hook to use it I think (I never actually used it my self)

He didn’t like this and said I should pay for one for him

When I said I wouldn’t he said that the genuine games wont play (ever though I played it 4 days before listing it) and he wants a full refund either by me or the paypal dispute thingy.

What exactly can he do...can he instruct paypal to just take the money out of my account?...surely not?
Brett
Premium Member

24th Mar 07 at 12:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Assuming you have proof of postage and the items you sent match your description in your auction then you should be ok.

I usually withdraw all money from Paypal if anything like this happens because they can be bellends. They've got collectors onto my g/f for £20 at the moment because something similar happened to her. They're not getting it.
Aaron

24th Mar 07 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Money has now been sent to my bank
John

24th Mar 07 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even if the money has been sent to your bank they will still take it from your paypal account.

I don't know what happens if you don't pay that though, never got that far, although its probably just like brett says.
Aaron

24th Mar 07 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i also heard they can do that.

However, now i have told the guy i want proof and that he'd have a hard time getting the money back...he seems to have changed his tune a bit...typical twat on eBay
Brett
Premium Member

24th Mar 07 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Even if the money has been sent to your bank they will still take it from your paypal account.

I don't know what happens if you don't pay that though, never got that far, although its probably just like brett says.

lol, the same as this happened to us

We sent all the money to the bank and yes, they did still take the money. They just made the account -£20

Sent several emails to us, then got debt collectors to phone, etc. I was on the phone today actually reporting a chap who was abusive down the phone to the g/f's mum last night

For the sake of £20 I almost at the point of just paying, but I really don't want to. I'm gonna drag it out longer and see what happens. I can't see court being on the cards for £20 tbh.

New Poll