corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » anyone offer help on win2k3 internet access problem?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author anyone offer help on win2k3 internet access problem?
Bart

User status: Offline
10th Apr 07 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The server was unfortunatly reset from mains for a split second, enough to reboot it.
When it rebooted everything was ok apart from internet access.

We have two gigabit NICs.
One for internal use and one for external use which is connected directly to the router.
For some strange reason i can access the internet on the server fine, and exchange picks up emails, but now the clients cannot access the internet, and i cant logon to the router myself from my own machine (i can from the server).

Ive attached a pic of the ipconfig, and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this for me.

http://www.bridgesltd.co.uk/ipconfig.jpg
MikeD

10th Apr 07 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check your dns and wins can you ping either? as your on 255.255.255.0 subnet you probably cant ping either.
Ev0s

10th Apr 07 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From looking at your ipconfig your DNS settings are incorrect you dns is pointing at 162.168.1.1 when it should be 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.254.
Bart

11th Apr 07 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorted it, just re-ran internet connection wizzard again.

I do have a problem with my router, some idiot has changed the password to the draytek vigor 2600 and i now dont know what it is. i didnt wanna do a factory reset because of all the setting up, VPN, port forwarding etc, but what the heck, i think i will have to now.
thanks for the info guys

New Poll