corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Oh no, where do i start?!?! (replacing interior loom with pics) Help needed!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Oh no, where do i start?!?! (replacing interior loom with pics) Help needed!!!
Alexj134

User status: Offline
   3rd May 08 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi everyone,

Im basically after much needed help and advice.. need to replace 2x doors on my 2000 W reg corsa due to the existing doors being damaged. I purchased 2x new doors off ebay only to find that they were the doors with electric windows / mirrors / central locking, however, they are in mint condition so i bought them anyway.

Unfortunately my car only has 2x wires running through the door loom. After much reading on here i purchased the internal loom taken from a corsa GSI expecting this to be a simple job. Unfortunately i did not expect the biggest box of wires ever to arrive (GSI loom).

I am struggling to understand what would be the best plan of action here...

*If i replaced everything would my car still work as there appear to be differences in the connectors in the fuse boxes as shown in the pics.
*Would i have to replace the whole loom (dash loom shown in box) or would the floor part of the loom be sufficient?
*Would it be better to simply cut out the bits of the loom that go through the door & central locking ECU then run the wiring to my existing fuse box and add fuses / relays?

*What are the connectors in the pics used for???

1. Dash loom
2. ??????
3. Central locking ECU
4. ?????? (am guessing to connect the floor / dash looms together)
5. ??????
6. ?????? (this looks to have been cut)

Cheers
VegasPhil
Premium Member

3rd May 08 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't recommend putting that in your car.

I'm guessing yours is a 1.2 16v or 1.0 12v both models use different wiring to other models.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
luke85

3rd May 08 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above, thats loom is too different and you would be making way too much work for yourself. If you just want the electric windows and mirrors to work then Id find out the wiring and seperate it from the GSi loom (not all GSi corsas has electric windows by the way)
VegasPhil
Premium Member

3rd May 08 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In Picture 3 you can see the plug that should connect to the door loom. Get to a scrappy and lop off a couple of those that have all the pins. Then you can run your own wires across the car. I need to strip mine out this weekend, if I do it i'll let you know.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Alexj134

3rd May 08 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
I wouldn't recommend putting that in your car.

I'm guessing yours is a 1.2 16v or 1.0 12v both models use different wiring to other models.

Thanks for the advice.

Mine is a 1.2 16v so you're probably right.

If i cut the door multiplugs off and make my own wiring though ill still need the central locking ecu, right?

But how will i connect the wiring into the fuse box without the connectors there for the corresponding fuses and relays for electric windows / central locking / electric mirrors?

Cheers

New Poll