corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Replace a petrol engine with a diesel one!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Replace a petrol engine with a diesel one!
mregwreck

User status: Offline
13th May 08 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello folks. First post and all that.

I have been scouring the google machine looking for some answers and my search has brought me here. I wonder if any of you kind folks would be able to answer me a question!

Basically I have a 95 Corsa 1.5 Turbo Diesel which was given as a gift by my old man when I passed my test last year. The engine is mint, the body is not. My dad reckons it needs a lot of work to get through its next MOT so he has aquired a 96 Corsa (petrol) with a mint body and plugged engine. Is it possible to put my 1.5 Turbo Diesel unit into the donor shell? The concern I have is with the electrics, does it need a full wiring harness switchover or can I just change the ECU.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
mregwreck

13th May 08 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't matter folks, I have found out I need to change the engine mountings, loom and ecu.
Dean_W

13th May 08 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And the tank...i think.
swill_omnibus

13th May 08 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The tank and i would change the fuel lines etc just incase m8

Good luck with the conversion m8!
Cossie

13th May 08 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have used my diesel corsa tank on my 16xe engine pratically the same tank just the sensor and pump are different just swap also 2 out of 3 engine mounting in diesel are totaly different than petrol

New Poll