corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Central locking system identification. HELP!!! Burger and beer could be yours :lol:

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Central locking system identification. HELP!!! Burger and beer could be yours :lol:
eastbourne racer

User status: Offline
7th Jul 08 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Righty hoe, ive just bought a HORNET 745T 2-way alarm system for the B and i have successfully wired in the main part of the alarm i.e. lights, siren, door switches and sensors but now i have to wire in the door lock harness that will control the door actuators and central locking system, now my car already has central locking, 97 Corsa Sport B, I need to know what type of door lock wiring i have? There is about 8 choices :
(1) Three-wire (+) pulse controlling factory lock relays.
(2) Three-wire (-) pulse controlling factory lock relays.
(3) Direct-wired reversing-polarity switches.
(4) Adding one or more after market actuators. (doubt it to be this)
(5) Electrically-activated vacuum systems.
(6) One-wire systems - Cut to lock, Ground to unlock.
(7) positive (+) multiplex
(8) Negative (-) multiplex

Now that is pretty confusing to say the least so who ever can point me in the right direction will have earned them selves a burger and beer at PVS09.

Please people don't guess
AdamF
Premium Member

7th Jul 08 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is negative locking. so basically it needs an earth to the locking wires to make it lock/unlock.

there are two wires behind the passenger kick panel one to lock and one to unlock.

do you have a wiring diagram for the alarm? how many wires does it have for the central locking
eastbourne racer

8th Jul 08 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bttt
luke85

8th Jul 08 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im with Adam there, id go for number 2

You need a 1 second pulse (to earth) to either the lock or unlock wire to make the motors move.
govinda

8th Jul 08 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there are two wires behind the passenger kick panel one to lock and one to unlock. i think its a blue wire and a orange wire not 100% sure tho as ive not fitted alarm in a corsa for a long while lol

New Poll