corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Noisy tappets

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Noisy tappets
mike r

User status: Offline
22nd Mar 09 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just done a service on my mates 1.0 12v, and i noticed just how noisy his tappets are, speaking to a few people and they say you have to get rid off the gap by shimming up the tappets? has anyone done this if so where can you get the shims from and does it show you how to do it in the haynes?

cheers
mike r

22nd Mar 09 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've just had a look on hear and some people are saying use thicker 20w 50 oil? will that help? as i have used the recommended 10w 40 semi stuff
corsa-jr

22nd Mar 09 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the only way to stop the nosie is to get new tappets, you could take them out and clean them up that may help but getting new ones is the only way to get rid of the nosie
mike r

22nd Mar 09 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate

New Poll