corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine Pinking and "running on"

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine Pinking and "running on"
MilesL

User status: Offline
28th May 09 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can someone please help me

I have a corsa 1.4i with no mods. Under acceleration the engine starts pinking. This is a timing problem I think?? But isn't it controlled by the computer?

The other thing it's doing is "running on" when the ignition is turned off. Not all the time, but it is "running on" all the same. Are the two problems related?

Can anyone help?

Miles
Torsa g

28th May 09 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It sounds as tho you mite have a sticky valve!
swill_omnibus

28th May 09 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah prob due to alot of carbon build up. Run a good engine cleaner through and do an oil and filter change and should help it

New Poll