corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.6 16v sport tuning options

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.6 16v sport tuning options
stuarted

User status: Offline
17th Aug 09 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all, new member here. Getting my old dears Sport as a second car and daily driver, my weekend and track toy is an Imprea P1.

Read a bit on the site re mods that has been helpful. My original thoughts were de-cat original exhaust and a panel filter.

I've seen that the OE inlet manifold is restrictive and that "Flame" sells ones. How much improvement over standard are these and whats the cost?

Also seen that you can de-restrict the air box. How would I go about doing that?

Thanks in advance
dalejones

17th Aug 09 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm well in my opinion there crap! ive bought inlets for my 1.4 and 1.6 sport and i just find fukall difference just a little push at top revs its not worth all the work thats involved to fit them just for a little gain so personally wouldnt bother hope it helps!
AlexW

17th Aug 09 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now the above is wrong lol

Powerboxes as there known add around 15-20bhp, noticable to say the least. The power is all up the top on these engines anyway.

I have one fitted to my 1400 and i can say it did make a differance, throttle responce is quicker too.

The airbox is easy, once you pop the top off your see a pipe inside, simply remove this pipe (some just slot out once youved popped off the little bit holding it down, others you have to break)

And the bottom side your best of removing the pipe that goes to the slam panel and also the pipe inside the bottom of the airbox, again same as above.

Your notice a more throaty sounding engine and a slighty deeper exhaust note even with the standard exhaust.

De-cat is a good idea yes, getting the rev limit raised is also a good idea, although not cheap.

Other than that a good service is best. Not much else worth doing unless you want to spend big bucks.
Richardhhha

17th Aug 09 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

powerbox is a must on the 14 and 16 engines, as AW06 states the power delivery for these engines is really high up the rev range, you'll feel it start to pull harder/power bad at around 4.5k to the red line, without spending silly money i'd just say make the car breath easyer,

de restrict air box
panel filter (pippercross or KnN)
Flame or VX16V inlet manifold (VX ones are made better imop)
Free flowing back box (center section is free flowing anyway)
After market exhaust manifold (janspeed one is highly recomended by almost everyone here)
De-cat or Sport cat (needs a cat for mot time)
ARP conrod bolts (need to be countersunk but itsnt to big a job)
Raised Rev limmit to 7-7.5k and you'll be laughing

oh and a bloody good service
stuarted

18th Aug 09 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the feedback troops, get it Thursday so will start on the airbox. Do any holes left need to be blocked off?

Where do I source one of the VX inlets?

ARC conrod bolts - can you get at these via the sump?

Cheers again
gez bay

18th Aug 09 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have all your needs for sale http://corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=513982
philip2

18th Aug 09 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ARP rod bolts not ARC. yeah you can change them just take the downpipe and sump off.

the inlets make a hell of a differance. dale - something must of been knackered on yours if didnt see much gain.
Pete_vxl

18th Aug 09 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

flame inlet
4-1
de-cat
full stainless
rebuild

128bhp for my old sport.
dalejones

18th Aug 09 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bollax I got the same spec an my mates is standard an it rite up my ars LOL
Richardhhha

18th Aug 09 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

then your car has some serious issues then mate,
Pete_vxl

19th Aug 09 at 06:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dalejones
Bollax I got the same spec an my mates is standard an it rite up my ars LOL

were you talking to me?

my car had the same power as a 2l 8v and would easily beat any corsa apart from an xe. I think your car needs checked out if it isnt pulling away from a standard corsa.

Just from your grammer i'm guessing your corsa is an absolute dog too...
dalejones

19th Aug 09 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u get that from grammer :S wot u on about nuthin wrong with my corsa it goes well im just sayin u wnt be seein 15 - 20 bhp! no chance!
philip2

19th Aug 09 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you'll be suprised how much power you do see. i used to beat my mates 20xe corsa up to about 80-90, then he pulled away.

we have a stretch of road up a hill called bridge test..as name says...see what can get up the hill to the bridge then ease off. i used to hit 120 while mates mk4 astra gsi would hit about 130 or so. so yeah they do add quite abit of power
dalejones

19th Aug 09 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wot and that was just standard with a flame type inlet? that 20xe must have been shite then
philip2

19th Aug 09 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

own inlet, but essentially the same, but i do do all my own engine work, so i had 80mm pistons, head work, etc etc
moggz

20th Aug 09 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have 1 on my gsi emgine and it gives a big kick at the end
djmattyh

21st Aug 09 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have done this in the past i had a custom manifold, a four branch & decat. and rolling road figure was - 136bhp. and that was a 1.6 sport! and from 106 bhp - 136bhp there is hell of a difference imo. some people on here talk out there arses

[Edited on 21-08-2009 by djmattyh]

New Poll