corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Another problem- Car now starts but then dies

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Another problem- Car now starts but then dies
dean101287

User status: Offline
31st Dec 09 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right got the car to start now after top end rebuild. It starts and then unless I keep the revs up it will die off and cut out. Someone said something about a fuel vent vacuum or something along those lines. The bell shaped item at the end of the fuel rail. Where is the vacuum pipe ment to go. Could that cause this problem?

Cheers again
Joe-90

2nd Jan 10 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the fuel pressure reg, ill take a look where the pipe goes (t'is on the inlet manifold).

Not having the vacuum connected to the FPR would cause a problem.

Does it rev & drive ok??
dean101287

2nd Jan 10 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will rev if I keep the revs up. I havnt driven it because it will cut out if I come off the throttle
Joe-90

3rd Jan 10 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you checked that the FPR is connected?????? If its not then have a look about on the inlet manifold for an empty vacuum.

The other thing that I could think of is that the EGR is bunged up... however I would assume that yours is a C16XE rather then the X16XE. which means that it wont have an EGR.

Other thing that I can think of is the ICV is stuck shut. take it out the TB and clean it.

New Poll