corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Cylinder Bolts

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cylinder Bolts
greenelephant

User status: Offline
5th Apr 10 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi

I have a corsa b 1.4 16V X14XE engine. I've just bought a new set of cylinder head bolts and have used them on my cylinder head. I have had to take them off, but I am wondering can I use them again if I was to put thread locking compound to seal the individual threads or is this a NO NO?

thanks
Ellis

5th Apr 10 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a no no in my book, they are stretch bolts. I'm guessing the car was run with the mentioned bolts??
greenelephant

5th Apr 10 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No the engine wasnt running or idling since the head bolts were screwed on, only the crankshaft and camshaft turned via starter motor throught the timing belt. How much are head bolts, does anyone sell any new bolts here on corsasport.co.uk?
Sean-B

5th Apr 10 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

head bolts are around £15 on ebay.

New Poll