corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » O2 retention

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author O2 retention
Carl

User status: Offline
9th Apr 10 at 07:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm currently on a simplicity deal,is it still possible 2 get put through to retention 2 get the best possible deal? Fancy a satio,going 2 scrap idea off of a free xbox contract,need a change of phone.
_Allan_

9th Apr 10 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I switched from a contract to a monthly simplicty deal yesterday. Saving £20 a month until I decide on a new phone in the next couple of months. The guy in retentions said to just give them a call when I decide on a new phone and they'll sort a deal out for me.
Carl

9th Apr 10 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_
I switched from a contract to a monthly simplicty deal yesterday. Saving £20 a month until I decide on a new phone in the next couple of months. The guy in retentions said to just give them a call when I decide on a new phone and they'll sort a deal out for me.
nice 1. That's what i did, contracts are woeful now they've gone 24 month. 18 was bad enough.
sc0ott

9th Apr 10 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i called customer service and they couldnt match a deal i seen. i then tried the retention team and they offered me a better deal.
_Allan_

9th Apr 10 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In all the years i've had mobiles I've always dealt with retentions the first time of calling up. Don't speak to the general sales monkeys. They can't offer the same deals as retentions anyway and will just put you through to them. Only once have I had retentions unable to offer a good deal (N95 when they first came out). I just cancelled and took out a new contract. Not bothered about a new number as I don't use it for work.

24 month contracts are a joke. I swore at one time I'd never get an 18 month but was forced into to it when the incentives were too good to turn down. I think soon 24 months will be the norm with only few 18 month deals being offered

[Edited on 09-04-2010 by _Allan_]
Carl

9th Apr 10 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same thoughts here. 18 month is pushing it 4 a handset 2 physically last. I always deal with retentions but have had problems getting through 2 them in the past when not due an upgrade.

New Poll