corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » car still limiting at 4,500rpm

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car still limiting at 4,500rpm
pteflint

User status: Offline
10th May 10 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

since fixing my car after a possible headgasket failure wich turned out to be ecu,my x16xe corsa has been hitting the limiter at 4,500rpm.i noticed one of the lugs on the exhaust pulley had snapped of so replaced it today,still got same prob.ave tried another ecu on her and she still limits low.ave reset the ecu still does it.
after doing a paperclip test with the engine turned off as it wont work on mine when car running its giving me 16 fault codes surelly this cant be right,one that did come to mind was 93 wich is camshaft sensor could it be that one,any ideas people
pteflint

10th May 10 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i start the car up it will limit at 7,500rpm untill the engine management light comes on then its back to limp mode
DERV-POWER

10th May 10 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes it will be camshaft postion sensor
pteflint

10th May 10 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gonna get one and try it this week let yous know wat happens for future reference

New Poll