corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Utility suppliers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Utility suppliers
Terry12

User status: Offline
12th Aug 10 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As i'm about to purchase a house soon I have started to do a bit of research on the possible costs and suppliers of what i'll need.

I am looking to get my electricity and gas from the same supplier but have no idea who are currently offering the best deals.

Could people make some suggestions please?
Also home and contents insurers would be good also
jrsteeve

12th Aug 10 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

moneysupermarket.com is your friend for pretty much all that, then use quidco.co.uk to see if there are any cashback offers going on cheapest providers.
Matt.H

13th Aug 10 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive just used energyhelpline.com to see what was best for me. Just swapped from NPower to Scottish Power and should be making quite a substantial saving each month from now on.
Limecat
Banned

13th Aug 10 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Terry, it really will depend upon your usage to be honest, it's near impossible to say otherwise.

You will notice that British Gas say they are the cheapest standard tariff provider at national average usage. The national average consumption is 3300 KWH of electric and 20500 KWH for gas.

Is it a similar style place to what you live in now? Same general heating ie. a gas fired boiler and not old school electric heating or anything, same sort of supply for cooking etc?

There really is a lot to base it on but if it's fairly like for like to where you are, get your bills out for the last 12 months and base it on that, then add 10% to be on the safe side, especially as by the time you are in your place and transfer it to your chosen provider (which takes 4-7 weeks anyway for the transfer) you will be into the heavy usage part of the year when your heating and lights are on more. If you don't you could run up a large debit balance which effectively ties you in if you wish to switch to a cheaper provider at a later date as you have to clear it before you can transfer.

It's not always beneficial to have them both under the same provider, it depends on if the dual fuel incentive offsets any extra for one of the supplies as it's quite rare that the same provider is cheapest for both at a customers known usage.

Certainly opt for the online tariffs though, they are cheaper than the standard tariff.

[Edited on 13-08-2010 by LETGSI16V]

New Poll