corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Diesel tuning??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Diesel tuning??
lil_rob666

User status: Offline
18th Aug 10 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi there guys getting a 1.5 td and wona no the tuning capabilities?

i have read the thread on diesel tuning and turning up the boost and stuff but does anyone no what else can be done?

does the turbo off the 1.7 astra fit?? what upgrades can i do?

also does anyone no how difficult or what the precedure is for fitting a dump valve and a front mount intercooler??

i have had 3 corsa's now and im a dab hand with the ecotecs but have not done anything with the isuzu block so any advice or tips would be great

Thanks in advance guys
djgritt
Premium Member

19th Aug 10 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't fit a Dump Valve - a diesel has no Throttle Plate or Vacuum (other than that generated by a pump for the Braking circuit), as a result, a DV will need electrically operating via a Solenoid and other gubbins as it won't operate like a petrol turbo engine, reacting to a change in vacuum pressures when the throttle is lifted. its a lot of faff for a pointless modification.

Front Mount Intercooler is easy - find a suitable IC, mount it, and plumb into the pipework between the Turbo Discharge and Inlet Manifold. Done.
carl roper

19th Aug 10 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 1.7 turbo wont fit onto the 1.5 manifold but a 1.7 manifold bolts straigh onto the 1.5 block
Norcy91

20th Aug 10 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could put the 1.7TD lump in instead of the 1.5? That's an extra 20bhp straight away

New Poll