corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Apple gods

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Apple gods
Tommy L

User status: Offline
21st Nov 11 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need help.

Macbook hdd decided it fancied a fault - 'The Volume Macintosh HD could not be verified completely'.

After searching google a reformat should sort the issue, hopefully.

I haven't however backed up my hard drive which is my biggest problem. I've started the mac up with the OSX install DVD so I can get to 'Utility Disk' to try and repair or copy the HDD. If it is the case of doing this and then just restoring the copy after the reformat then happy days.

If not, the only thing i'm worried about is my music. Fortunately I backed up my iphone the day before so I have all apps, music etc on there that I want. If I was to reformat could I just plug my iphone again and get itunes to pick this up and get it to sync with my phone?

I might be a little vague in areas but any help would be appreciated
adiohead

21st Nov 11 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can always start up in Target Disc mode and plug it into another computer to get the info off. Not sure if target disc mode works with Windows PCs though.

When I did mine I used another mac.
Tommy L

21st Nov 11 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well that would be easy! I've got another macbook at home so could do it to that!
Dom

21st Nov 11 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
You can always start up in Target Disc mode and plug it into another computer to get the info off. Not sure if target disc mode works with Windows PCs though.

When I did mine I used another mac.

Iirc you need to use firewire (or thunder bolt) which could be an issue. Another option is to put the drive into a caddy and copy the contents to another system - either a Mac or PC using TransMacs or similar.

As for the music, not sure if you can recover music from an iPod via iTunes (i don't use it for my iPod), but there are plenty of apps around that will transfer music off it.

New Poll