corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » taking engine out

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author taking engine out
danny90

User status: Offline
31st Jan 12 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is the best way to take engine out i do have an engine crane and i know it is eiser to take it from under the car would i just use the crane to lift the car drop car to the floor undo mounting bolts and lift the car with the crane like

[Edited on 31-01-2012 by danny90]
Edges 58

31st Jan 12 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the easiest way I think, lower the car so engine is on trolley jacks. Undo mounts lift car wheel engine out on jacks
johnhara1

31st Jan 12 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just take bonnet off and the hoist should have plenty lift to pull it straight out the top without damaging anything.
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

31st Jan 12 at 22:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What i did mate was strap the engine up with crane,hold the weight,undo bolts and lower onto a trolley or a piece of wood on floor. Then un strap it and lift car up over it and slide engine from underneath.

Hope this helps.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
johnhara1

31st Jan 12 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For a small engine, strapping the engine to hoist to lower it then undoing the hoist to use it to lift the car over just seems a waste of time when it comes straight out the top so easily.
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

31st Jan 12 at 22:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well yea could do it that way i suppose.

I just did it my way as i didn't want it lifting over front of car incase of any accidents. :/

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
danny90

1st Feb 12 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for your replys i took it out from underneith befor but all i had was jacks stands and spare wheels to get the car up in the air but managed to get a crane and wanted to see how people did it with the crane thanks lads will be doing it tomoz

New Poll