corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » stiff throttle?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author stiff throttle?
Ant B

User status: Offline
4th Feb 12 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello on my 12 16v v plate corsa the throttle pedal is stiff,
it works fine but you carnt really feather the throttle,ive had the cable oiler on from my mx bike and i think i managed to get oil through(dunno how far though)
its really annoying now as all the throttle is nice and free under the bonnet
johnhara1

4th Feb 12 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check it's routed properly
Jed D

5th Feb 12 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as said, check the cable runs freely first. or
there mite be a tiny screw that stops the 'coin' shaped bit inside your throttle body closing to the point of it sticking shut. my sport had this same problem...
whip the throttle body off and have a look. feel it by hand once removed and you'll see what i mean

and clean it out while its off but dont make the mistake i did and use wd40 to clean it, it clogs it back up after a few days use. the dirt sticks to the wd40, better off using carb cleaner or the likes of

New Poll