corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help! Car will not go into gear

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help! Car will not go into gear
ArdenAndy

User status: Offline
23rd Aug 12 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey, for a few weeks my car has been pretty hard to change gear and reverse crunches, so i replaced the old nylon linkage arm thing for a metal one and it was fine for a few days but reverse still crunched, now today i got in the car to come from work and it wouldnt go into gear at all, gear stick felt like it was going to snap if i pushed it any harder, i had to turn the car off, select 1st then start the car and drive back home with my hazards on, i did get it into 2nd a few times by seriously ramming it and if i stoped i would have to turn the car off and start it in 1st again, any ideas why its doing it?
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Aug 12 at 15:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try adjusting your clutch cable. Mine stretched loads and had to keep tightening it.
ArdenAndy

23rd Aug 12 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers! yeah my dad adjusted the clutch cable and the linkage while i was in the house on the comp looking for a solution
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Aug 12 at 19:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dads ftw

New Poll