corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » new lease of life

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author new lease of life
SkinnyMarshall

User status: Offline
   13th Sep 12 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how can i give my engine a good clean , and what areas to dismantle and clean ?
and feedback , reply's will be most appreciated
jack
reecegsi

13th Sep 12 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What engine?
nibnob21
Premium Member

13th Sep 12 at 21:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best thing you can do to an engine is service it regularly.

Oil and oil filter changes every 5,000 miles will help to gently cleanse the internals. Do NOT use flush.

What is it you're trying to achieve?

MX5 Project Thread
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

14th Sep 12 at 11:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carb cleaner works great degreassing engine parts

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
SkinnyMarshall

16th Sep 12 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice clean looking bay and just a healthy engine tbh , the girl who had it before hand never looked after the engine , its coverded in grime and iv got a niggling feeling it needs some tender loving care
thanks jack
SkinnyMarshall

16th Sep 12 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a 1.2 sxi
SkinnyMarshall

16th Sep 12 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
nibnob21
Premium Member

16th Sep 12 at 22:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can remove the throttle body and ICV and give them a good clean with some carb cleaner.

I've heard Autglym engine degreaser stuff is good for safely cleaning up an engine bay. G101 is also good at removing grime but it needs to be used carefully.

I wouldn't personally do it myself but it has been known for people to pressure wash their engine bay. You have to tape up all of the electrical plugs first and make sure the bay has been left for a few hours before you try starting it up again to ensure everything has dried out properly.

You can also steam clean engine bays, again I'd tape up all electrical connections first to be on the safe side.

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

16th Sep 12 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And on the maintenance side, I'd personally change the following: Spark plugs, HT leads, Oil, Oil filter, Air filter, Pollen filter, Fuel filter and the Coolant.

Be sure to check the condition of the brake discs, pads and fluid too and renew if necessary.

Timing belt may also be worth changing depending on mileage and when it was last done.

MX5 Project Thread
SkinnyMarshall

17th Sep 12 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks man , much appreciated

New Poll