corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Rubbing noise when turning left

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rubbing noise when turning left
Jamie-C

User status: Offline
24th Sep 12 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When turning left in the Astra theres a rubbing noise, it sounds like rubber rubbing against metal but I've had a look and theres no signs at all of rubbing.

In the last 2 months or so its had,

New shock absorber
new wheel bearing
new driveshaft
new wishbone
new balljoint
new arb links
new brakes

So what the hell is this rubbing noise? My top mounts are quite worn but would they cause that noise, its a constant rubbing noise when turning left.
jay26

24th Sep 12 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was going to say top mount before reading it all lol, so I would be changing those first
Jamie-C

24th Sep 12 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll go for top mounts then, everything else has been replaced on that side so its all it can be tbf
monkeytwizzel

24th Sep 12 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it,s lowered a lot check wheel arch liners and inner arch for rubbing also track rod end for equal adjustment as can cause the wheel to hit on full lock if not equal.
Jamie-C

24th Sep 12 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Checked for signs of rubbing and can't see anything.

My car sat on an axle stand on 1 corner for about 2 days when I was working on it, so all the weight was on 1 side. It was after that when it started.
monkeytwizzel

24th Sep 12 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Under the top mounts there is bearings are they seized or bearings missing.is the shock ram dust cover in place.
Jamie-C

25th Sep 12 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm pretty sure the dust covers are there yeah but I can't say for sure. I would've noticed if they weren't there and I don't recall not seeing them.

As for the bearings I won't know until I get the legs out and check them. And once there out, for the price of top mounts I might as well put a pair in to save me having to strip it all down again at a later date

Under the bonnet where you can see the rubbers of the top mounts, there actually split in half so they have 100% seen better days.

New Poll