corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Music Software

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Music Software
Neo

User status: Offline
27th Sep 12 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm after a piece of software which can either - Let me write on a score and press play and it play whatever I've written plus letting me choose which instrument I want to use.

Back in college I used something like cubase iirc ? Literally let me play a midi keyboard and it wrote the score, but then let me change it afterwards.

Ideally i'm after something free, or at least easily available.

Like i say I've used cubase in the past and think it might be overkill for what I'm trying to acheive(and checking the spec, it won't work on my laptop ). Any recommendations ?

[Edited on 27-09-2012 by Neo]
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

27th Sep 12 at 14:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used Logic at College but that's probably overkill if cubase is

Sibelius is probably all you need to be honest.

I think you can still download it for a months free trial if you only really need to use it a few times?

Guitar pro I got off a mate for free ages ago to just print off some scores but it's not the best

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Dom

27th Sep 12 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're after a score view then yeah Cubase/Nuendo or Logic (iirc it has a score mode). Alternatively use Sibelius, which is about as close to paper as you're going to get.

If you just need to draw notes in using the mouse then most DAWs have that ability - FLStudio, Protools, Live, Reaper etc etc

Can get trials for most of those (with the exception of Protools as it's hardware dependant).

Edit - There's also Finale which is the main rival to Sibelius. Otherwise there are some free alternatives like MuseScore and LilyPond but i can't say i've used them.

[Edited on 27-09-2012 by Dom]
Neo

27th Sep 12 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fantastic guys, loads of examples there, I'm sure one of them will do me fine

It'll be a one off so a 30 day trial will be more than adequate i'm sure. Thanks

New Poll